Gluten Free - Cheese Straws Recipe
This recipe makes
24 (5" x 1/3") straws.
- 4 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Put butter, cornstarch, potato starch, ground red pepper,
Xanthan gum and salt in a medium bowl and mix well (will be crumbly).
- Add in cream and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in cheese and mix until you have uniform color dough.
Refrigerate for a few minutes so that the dough is not too sticky.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4" thickness and cut into thin
straws (do not put flour on the surface).
- Put the straws on a greased baking tray and bake for
about 12 minutes.
Back to Gluten Free Recipes
What Next? Digg It >
Bookmark > Share This
(This page last modified :
December 01, 2012)