This recipe makes 4 servings. Takes about 30 minutes to make.
- 950ml beef stock
- 3 raw beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1 finely shredded green cabbage
- pinch of salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 large pinch of Caraway Seeds
- sour cream
- parsley to garnish (optional)
- Wash and dry all vegetables.
- Place the stock in a large saucepan bring to the boil.
- Add cabbage, beetroot, caraway seeds, salt and pepper.
- Stir and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Partially cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir from time to time.
- Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream and chopped parsley.