This recipe makes 24 (5″ x 1/3″) straws.
- 4 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Put butter, cornstarch, potato starch, ground red pepper, Xanthan gum and salt in a medium bowl and mix well (will be crumbly).
- Add in cream and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in cheese and mix until you have uniform color dough. Refrigerate for a few minutes so that the dough is not too sticky.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4″ thickness and cut into thin straws (do not put flour on the surface).
- Put the straws on a greased baking tray and bake for about 12 minutes.