This recipe makes 4 servings. Takes about 30 minutes to make.
- 950ml water
- 250ml chicken stock
- 100g onion, chopped up
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped up
- salt to taste
- ½ tablespoon dried chili flakes
- 680g fresh fish cutlets cod or grouper, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 spring onions, cut into small pieces
- 200g medium firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 200g watercress
- Place the water, chicken stock, onion, garlic, salt and chili flakes in a large saucepan.
- Stir and bring to the boil.
- Add in the fish.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the spring onions, tofu and watercress.
- Simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.