This recipe makes 4 servings. Takes about 20 minutes to make.
- 4 beef fillet steaks
- 90ml single cream
- crushed peppercorns
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 50g butter
- Brush each side of the steaks with oil.
- Coat with crushed peppercorns.
- Heat the butter and remaining in a frying pan.
- Cook the steaks over a high heat for 2 minutes each side.
- Cook for a further 2 – 5 minutes each side in low heat.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Warm brandy in a small pan.
- Pour over the steaks.
- Remove steaks to serving dish.
- Stir the cream into the meat juices in the pan then pour over steaks.
- Serve hot.