Beginners Guide Refresher Points – Gluten Free
- Having Gluten sensitivity or Coeliac disease doesn’t have to rule your diet!
- Get motivated and start learning what ingredients, foods and drinks contain Gluten.
- Be weary of cross contamination whether preparing food at home or eating out.
- Unless it’s really necessary avoid takeaways altogether (most are high in saturated fat anyway so you will be doing your heart a favour!)
- Start doing more of your own cooking; the more you cook the easier it will be to enjoy a guaranteed Gluten Free Diet.
- Try cooking in bulk and freezing food to use later which will save you time and money.
Quick Breakfast Ideas
- Fruit Smoothies: All fruits can be used and milk is also Gluten Free.
- Gluten Free Toast with Butter or Jam – Use a separate toaster to others if you share a home!
Collection of Gluten Free Recipes
This recipe makes 6-8 servings. Ingredients: 1/2 cup tapioca flour 1/2 cup cornstarch 3 tbsp potato starch 3/4 tsp salt 4 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum 3 large eggs (or 5 egg whites) 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil Directions: Mix all types of flours, salt and Xanthan gum in a large...read more
Ingredients: 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana 1 egg 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup oil 1/2 cup milk 1/2 tsp vanilla essence 1/2 cup potato starch 1/2 cup cornstarch 4 tsp baking powder 3/4 tsp Xanthan gum 1/4 tsp baking soda 1/4 tsp salt 1 tsp ground coriander (for better...read more
Ingredients: DRY INGREDIENTS 2 cups rice flour 1/2 cup potato starch 1/2 cup tapioca flour 1/3 cup cornstarch 1 tbsp Xanthan gum 1 1/2 tsp salt 3 tbsp granulated sugar 1 tbsp egg substitute 1 tbsp active dry yeast LIQUIDS 4 egg whites 4 tbsp canola oil 1 tsp cider...read more
This recipe makes 35 Biscotti. Ingredients: 1 cup gluten-free plain flour 1/3 cup potato flour 1/4 cup gluten-free corn flour 1/2 cup brown sugar 2 tbsp cocoa powder 1 tsp Xanthan gum (optional) 1/4 tsp gluten free baking powder 2 tbsp hot water 2 eggs Directions:...read more
This recipe makes 4 servings. Ingredients: 2 large eggs 1 tbsp oil 2/3 cup milk 1/2 cup sorghum flour 1/8 tsp salt 1 tbsp sugar Directions: Whip the eggs until frothy, then add in oil and milk and continue whipping until blend. Add in dry ingredients and mix until...read more
This recipe makes 6 servings. Ingredients: 2 1/2 cups rice flour 1 2/3 cups potato starch 3 tsp baking powder 2 1/2 tsp salt 2 tbsp sugar 1/2 cup powdered buttermilk 3 tbsp egg substitute 3/4 cup + 3 tbsp shortening Directions: Whisk together all dry ingredients in a...read more
This recipe makes 6 servings. Ingredients: 1 tbsp active dry yeast 2/3 cup brown rice flour /gram flour/ fava bean flour 1/2 cup tapioca flour 2 tbsp powdered milk /non-dairy creamer 2 tsp Xanthan gum 1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp unflavored gelatin 1 tsp Italian seasoning 2/3...read more
This recipe makes 12 servings. Ingredients: 3/4 cup corn flour 1 tsp baking powder 1/8 tsp salt 3 egg whites 3 egg yolks 1/2 cup sugar Directions: Sift corn flour, baking powder and salt together. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff and beat in egg yolks. Add...read more
This recipe makes 7-9 servings. Ingredients: 4 tbsp shortening 3 tbsp honey 2 eggs 1 pkt active dry yeast (2 ¼ tsp) 1 cup sour cream 1/2 cup potato starch 1 cup cornstarch 1/2 tsp baking soda 1 tbsp baking powder 2 tsp Xanthan gum 3/4 tsp salt 3/4 tsp vinegar...read more
This recipe makes 12 servings. Ingredients: DRY INGREDIENTS 1/3 cup sugar 1 cup rice flour 1 tsp baking powder 3/4 tsp salt 1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate WET INGREDIENTS 2 eggs 3 tbsp canola oil FLAVOURINGS 1 apple, grated 1 tsp cinnamon Directions: Mix the dry ingredients...read more