This recipe makes 6 servings.
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour /gram flour/ fava bean flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp powdered milk /non-dairy creamer
- 2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup water (110 F)
- 1/2 tsp sugar or honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Put all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix on low speed using regular beaters (not dough hooks) until well blend. (Too stiff dough will make mixer bounces around the bowl; add more water if necessary, 1 tbsp at a time.)
- Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Dough will look like soft bread dough.
- Put mixture on lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan. Sprinkle some rice flour on dough and then press dough into pan. The edges should be slightly thicker to hold toppings.
- Bake pizza crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add in favorite sauce and toppings.
- Bake again until top is nicely browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.