This recipe makes 8. Takes about 35 minutes to make.
- 2 eggs
- 240ml cold water
- 1 level teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 350g gluten free flour mix
- an extra 50g gluten free flour mix for rolling
- Place the eggs, water and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat until frothy.
- Add the flour and mix to form a dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead for a few minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 8 pieces and roll each portion thinly into an oval shape.
- Heat a heavy frying pan until hot then dry cook the pitas for 3-5 minutes, turning once. If you cover the pan during cooking, they will come out softer.
can be reheated.