This recipe makes 12 servings.
- 3/4 cup corn flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 egg whites
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Sift corn flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff and beat in egg yolks. Add in sugar gradually and beat until mixture forms a figure 8.
- Fold in the sifted dry ingredients and mix until well blend.
- Pour the batter equally into 2 greased 20cm (8″) sandwich pans.
- Bake at 180°C /350°F for about 20 minutes. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire rack.
- Spread whipped cream and jam on one of the cake and place the other on top. Dust with icing sugar for decoration.