This recipe makes 6-8 servings.
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 tbsp potato starch
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 3 large eggs (or 5 egg whites)
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Mix all types of flours, salt and Xanthan gum in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and put in the oil.
- Then, pour the mixture into the flour and mix. Form into firm ball dough and knead for 2 minutes.
- Then, flour surfaces with potato starch (rice flour turns noodles gray) and roll the dough out until it becomes very thin and almost transparent. Cut into desired shape.
- Slice into very thin strips if you are making fettuccine and spaghetti and a slightly wider for noodle casserole. For lasagna, cut into 11/2 x 4-inch rectangles.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water with 1 tbsp of oil added for about 10 to 12 minutes .Test for doneness.
- Drain and rinse well.